We are a specialist independent school that offers individualised education programmes in small groups and one to one tuition. Our space is within the Shaftesburys new-building of Gascoigne Primary School in Barking.
We are set up to offer education to children who have been identified with complex needs and who have been through statutory assessment. We also offer assessment placements for pupils who may be undergoing the process of an Education Health and Care Plan.We are set up to offer education to children who have been through statutory assessment and who have been identified with complex needs. We also offer assessment placements for pupils who may be undergoing the process of an Education Health and Care Plan.
We offer placements to pupils in Key Stage 2 and Key Stage 3. This can help pupils make the often difficult transition from Primary to Secondary more successfully.
We are registered for pupils with Social, Emotional and Mental Health issues and those who have a diagnosis of Autism.
Mission and Ethos
- re-engage children who have not been able access education due to the nature and complexity of their needs through individualised and group learning
- help our pupils to become more aware of their barriers to learning and how they can start to overcome these
- encourage our pupils to become more self-regulating in their behaviours through a process of nurture and reflection
- re-ignite a pride in attaining their potential and curiosity in the world around them
- make learning a two-way process and encourage more responsibility in their learning
- allow our pupils to enjoy learning again through creativity and fun
Watch our pupils' project
To meet the needs and entitlement of our students, Northstar New School delivers a differentiated curriculum. This is based on a person-centred planning framework, which is closely aligned with our pupils’ levels of ability, interests and aspirations.
Ofsted rated - Good Provider
The school is held in high regard by parents and carers. They feel that this school has made a significant difference to their children’s behaviour, well-being and happiness…